We publish DTR on the first of each month with a standing submission deadline of the 18th. We welcome all genres of literature and art; reject any work promoting intolerance, hatred or fear. Our contributors maintain ownership of and the right to republish their content. At this time, we’re unable to offer payment.
We do not read submissions that fail to follow these guidelines:
- In the body of your email/cover letter, include a brief third-person bio re. you and your work
- Max. word count, 3500*, no minimum; submit up to 10 pieces of artwork; 10 poems
- Submit literature as an attachment in Word, format artwork using png/jpg
- Identify the genre of your submission(s) in the subject of your email
- Submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB, we publish visual art as stand-alone posts, and alongside literary posts, once pieces complement each other.
*We are open to longer submissions. Please email us in advance if you would like to submit a longer piece, or to pitch or discuss an idea re. your submission.
All inquiries can be directed to the editing team by email, or on Facebook via https://www.facebook.com/dodgingtherain/