Dodging The Rain is published on the first of every second month (February, April, June etc.) with a standing drama, fiction, and features submission deadline for each issue of the 18th (e.g. March 18th for April 1st). Art, non-fiction, and poetry are open year-round for submissions.
We welcome all genres of literature and art; reject any promotion of intolerance, hatred or fear. Contributors maintain ownership of and the right to republish their content. Currently, we’re unable to offer payment.
We also accept published material, once contributors own the rights, and simultaneous submissions, although we appreciate having the time to give each submission due consideration. When submitting, please inform us if your work has been published.
We don’t read submissions that fail to follow these guidelines:
1. Max. word count, 3500, no minimum; submit up to 10 pieces of artwork, 10 poems*
2. Submit literature as a Word attachment; format artwork using png/jpg
3. In the submission document, include a brief third-person bio re. you and your work
4. Submit by email:
• fiction and features to firstname.lastname@example.org
• art and non-fiction to email@example.com
• poetry to firstname.lastname@example.org
• drama to email@example.com
We are open to longer submissions. Please email the relevant editor in advance if you would like to submit a longer piece, or to pitch an idea.
*Submitting multiple pieces of work increases your chances of publication. However, because, in art and poetry, for example, we favour multi-text posts, we prefer submissions to remain available to us — in full — unless work is accepted elsewhere.
Just beginning to send out your work? Read our advice here.