Dodging The Rain is published on the first of each month with a standing submission deadline of the 18th. All genres of literature and art, including flash fiction, reviews and photography, are welcome, except works promoting intolerance, hatred or fear. The contributor maintains ownership of their own content. We are unable to offer remuneration at this time; however, this is an opportunity for experience and exposure.
Guidelines for submission:
- Please include a 50-word bio re. you and your work
- Max. word count – 3500* – no minimum
- Literature in Word format; Visual Art* formatted using png or jpg
- Please identify the genre of your submission(s)
- We’re open to any topic or genre – be creative!
- Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
- To submit visual art you can send up to 10 pieces. Please format them as png, or jpg. Visual art will be published either as a stand-alone post or paired with poetry or prose.
*For high-quality work, we are open to longer submissions. Please email us if you would like to submit a longer piece, or if you’d like to pitch or discuss an idea re. your submission.
*We’re particularly interested in visual art submissions — painting, photography, etc. — as we’d like to publish more of them going forward.